I have been a Registered Psychologist with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology since 2002. My registration number is 0412. I trained at Adler University in Chicago.
I have been working in the helping profession for over 25 years in a variety of settings:
- Counselling adolescents in residential treatment (10 years);
- Counselling psychiatric individuals in a halfway house (1 year);
- Managing a chronic pain clinic (1 year);
- Counselling individuals with trauma from motor vehicle accidents (3 years);
- Working at a university counselling center (8 years);
- Providing mental health services in a hospital setting (2 years);
I have been in private practice as a psychologist for over 15 years.
I draw on a number of techniques and schools of thought, as well as on my extensive experience in understanding peoples’ struggles. Therapy can be either short or long term depending on whether people want to focus on coping strategies for a particular problem or on a deeper understanding of the roots of their problems.